Accessing Student Email
Your student email is very important to your time in Mary I. If you've to email your lecturer you should use your college email address because the Mary I spam system may mark your normal Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo email accounts as spam and your lecturer won't get the email.
Accessing Your College Email
Step 1: Log on to https://www.webmail.mic.ul.ie/
Step 2: If a warning about security certificates comes up, click on “Continue to this website (not recommended)". We can assure you it's OK to continue to.
Username : micstudent\student number
Password : xxxxxxxxxx
Your password is the same as your computer log-in details in college.
Email can now be accessed and viewed.
Accessing Lecture Notes
A lot of lecturers put their in class presentations or readings on Lecture Notes / The LAN. Here's a guide on how to access them, whether on campus or off.
To access the Lecture Notes on Campus:
Step 1: Click on the Windows symbol in the bottom left (old Start Button)
Step 2: Type \\lecturenotes
Step 3: Hit Enter/Return
A new window should open up with all lecturers' folders. Navigate to the required folder.
To access the LAN (Lecture Notes) from home:
Got to: www.lan.mic.ul.ie
You will need to enter the following info:
Username : micstudent\studentnumber
Password : xxxxxxxxxx
Your log in details are the same as your log in details for the MIC computers.
Click OK. The LAN should open up. Click on the relevant link to open the lecturer folder you wish to access, the folder will open displaying any subfolders and files contained within it.
Moodle is another online resource that a lot of lecturers in Mary I use. Through Moodle, lecturers can post various readings and assignments for you to access. Below is a guide to registering on Moodle.
- Open your Internet Browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari etc.)
- Moodle is available at moodle.mic.ul.ie
- Click Create New Account
- Fill in the form – you need a valid email address
- Make a note of your username and password
- Click Create my new Account
- Check your email
- Click on the link in the email from Moodle
- You are now registered
- Click the module you are doing (Register for one module at a time)
- Put in your access code
- You should now have access to what is on Moodle for that module
Printing / Topping Up Student Card
The student printing system is based on your MIC ID card. The Computer Lab Assistants will be more than happy to run through the working of the printing system with students.
You will need a Laser, Debit or Credit Card. If you don't have any of these, you can use a 3V card which is basically a disposable Credit Card. You can use this card to top up your print card as well as to book flights online as well as on sites such as ebay, amazon etc.
1. Go online to https://miccard.mic.ul.ie (or click the "Top Up Your Print Card Here" link at the top of misu.ie)
2. Enter your Username & Password. These are the same as what you use to log on to the college computers, the LAN and your student email account.
3. To top up your card, select “Transfer Funds”
4. Details required as follows
a. Card Holder Name
b. Amount (To Be Topped Up By)
c. Card Type
d. CVN (last three digits on the back of your card)
e. Card Number (the long one)
f. Expiry Date
5. Select “Click To Accept” and the “CHECK”
6. N.B. Amount Being Topped Up Appears in CENTS on next screen
7. On the final screen, select “ACCEPT” to complete transaction
Photocopying is pretty straight forward. If you need to photocopy you will need to top up your Student ID card
The printer/copiers are dual purpose so they can photocopy and print.
To top up your printing/photocopying units on your student ID, click here. For more info on how to top up, click here.
As well as the printer/copiers in the Computer labs, there are a number of copiers in both Library foyer and inside the library itself. There is a colour copier inside the Library.