- Category: Supports/Welfare
- Published on Tuesday, 12 August 2008 11:28
Mary I provides a professional, on-campus Counselling Service available to all students, free of charge. This service provides all students with the opportunity to talk in a confidential setting about any issues which she or he may not feel comfortable discussing with anyone else. A counselling relationship is one of warmth and safety, where a student feels supported and listened to.
Support is provided for every issue. Some examples are:
Stress / Panic/anxiety attacks / Crisis pregnancy / Eating disorders / Bereavement / Exam stress / Post-abortion / Depression / Relationships / Sexual/emotional/physical abuse / Gender issues / Bullying / Confidence/ self-esteem issues / Feeling suicidal / Family Issues / Addictive behaviours
You can make an appointment in the following ways:
1. Call to ‘Drop-In’, any weekday during term time. Drop-In is 2-3pm daily, and is an opportunity to have an informal chat, suss out the counsellors or simply make an appointment. Call to Brid, Mon-Tues at T.3.12 or Nessa, Wed-Fri at T.3.11.
2. Email any of the following:
3. Knock at the door of T.3.12, Mon-Tues or T.3.11, Wed-Fri and wait.